Our ecological pickling system consist of passing the previously flatten and tension-free strip through a cell where it is put under the impact on its entire surface homogeneously and with various angles of incidence of a mixture called “slurry” composed by water and metallic particles of irregular shapes known as “grit”.
This process allows to obtain a product with an exceptional surface finish that is comparable to the conventional pickling without modifying any of its mechanical or hardness properties. Nevertheless, the EDE product offers its users may advantage compared to acid pickling.
the conventional pickling
- The EDE coils has much more resistance to oxidation then the acid pickled.
- Improves industrial procedures as laser cut, welding, painting and galvanization.
- Avoids blasting and degreasing processes for the costumer ending in economic savings.
- Clean and oil-free material means less dirt on the production line, on tools, at work centers and at storage areas.
- A much more ecological process due to the lack of the acids and oils.
2. Corrosion Resistance
The EDE material is capable of resisting without the appearance of corrosion as long as it is kept in adequate storage conditions (without humidity).
The conventional pickling process causes the deposition of chlorides on the surface of the treated steel which, without the application of the protection oil, accelerates the appearance of oxidation.
The ecological pickling process contains an additive to prevent dirt marks which is a corrosion inhibitor. This inhibitor remains deposited in a residual way on the EDE product, giving it anticorrosive properties.
Before and after images of the ecological process.
3. Manufacturing process
The environmentally friendly pickling process material does not affect at all the mechanical properties or chemical composition of the steel. The resulting product will be a uniform surface without the presence of any contaminants or aged oils that may have negative effects on subsequent processes.
a. Laser and plasma cutting
- Laser cutting is up to 60% faster compared to acid pickling.
- The absence of oil helps to preserve the cutting heads since there is no gas emanation.
- The absence of oil prevents sticking between sheets that can cause loss of productivity in cutting machines.
- Reduction of the emission of welding gases that can be dangerous.
- No type of preparation of the surface is necessary to be welded.
- The welds obtained are much more resistant due to the quality of the EDE material.
- The absence of oils allows to extend the life of the stamping tools.
- The lubricants used to favor some stampings act directly on the material.
d. Profiling and tube manufacturing.
- The final tube-shaped product is less susceptible to corrosion./li>
- The phenomenon of “skidding” during production is reduced.
- It favors the integrity of the electric arc welding elements in the manufacture of tubes.
- Better paint adhesion, as well as resistance to corrosion of the EDE + coating system as there is no oily interface.
- Longer duration and effectiveness of the pre-treatment baths as there is no contamination by the protection oil.
- The adhesion of zinc is significantly higher on ecological pickling material compared to conventional pickling.
- The zinc star in the case of ecological pickling is smaller and more homogeneous.
- Does not require surface preparations prior (degreasing baths or oil incineration) to the galvanization process.
DD11 – S235JR – S275JR – S355JR – S355J2+N – S355MC – S420MC – S500MC
Any other quality on request up to 700 MPa elastic limit. Maquila of coils after study
Coil weight: Up to 38 TM
Thickness: From 2mm to 15mm
Width: Up to 2,100 mm
Length: Up to 12,200 mm